18.3298, Jobs: Comp Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Parity Computing Inc

Thu Nov 8 16:13:02 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3298. Thu Nov 08 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3298, Jobs: Comp Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Parity Computing Inc

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 06-Nov-2007
From: Malathi Acharya < jobs at paritycomputing.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Parity Computing Inc, San Diego, CA, USA

Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:10:04
From: Malathi Acharya [jobs at paritycomputing.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3298.html&submissionid=160450&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Parity Computing Inc
Web Address: http://www.paritycomputing.com

Job Rank: Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Parity Computing is a text mining company that has developed unique
technology to extract latent relationships from unstructured data. We are
looking for creative, hands-on, detail oriented people who can further the
development of Parity's systems to identify key elements in unstructured
text. We are an 8 year old self-funded and profitable company, positioned
successfully in the hottest market segment in the industry (the Information
Access market as defined by Gartner).   Details for this position are as
follows.

Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
-  Development of text parsing rules, grammars, regular expressions, and
heuristics.
-  Natural language data analysis, writing pattern-matching rules,
debugging rules in our existing industry leading platform
-  Helping with testing as the need arises

Required education/skills:
-  A Master's or PhD in Computational Linguistics
-  Hands-on experience in writing computational grammars
-  Programming experience in PERL or similar scripting languages
-  Regular Expressions
-  Linguistics or Artificial Intelligence (AI)

Desired skills:
-  Machine learning
-  Rule based systems
-  Programming experience in JAVA

We are looking to enhance our existing market tested solution that combines
search and text analytics technologies to help business users answer
complex questions faster, more accurately, and with greater confidence.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic team
that is committed to delivering the very best to our customers. We are
looking for hands-on people who are flexible, learn quickly, and love
getting into the details.

Relocation Assistance: Some help provided for the right candidate
Benefits: Vacation, health, 401k, stock options
Salary: $50k to $80k depending on background and experience

Please visit our website for more information. Send a cover letter and
resume to the application email listed below.

Email Address for Applications: jobs at paritycomputing.com
Contact Information:
	Operations Manager Malathi Acharya
	Email: jobs at paritycomputing.com