18.3301, Jobs: English/Applied Ling: Adjunct Prof, Educational Testing Service

Thu Nov 8 16:26:29 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3301. Thu Nov 08 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3301, Jobs: English/Applied Ling: Adjunct Prof, Educational Testing Service

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Nov-2007
From: Eronmwon Balogun < ebalogun at ets.org >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics: Adjunct Professor, Educational Testing Service, Telecommute

Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:24:20
From: Eronmwon Balogun [ebalogun at ets.org]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3301.html&submissionid=160504&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Educational Testing Service
Department: Scoring
Web Address: http://www.ets.org

Job Rank: Adjunct Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Join the TOEIC (R) Speaking and Writing Program

The TOEIC test is the world's leading test of English-language proficiency
in the international workplace. It measures the everyday English skills of
people working in an international environment. ETS is launching the TOEIC
Speaking and Writing Tests and is currently seeking qualified raters.

Rater Qualifications

To be an ETS TOEIC Rater, you must:
-  Currently reside in the United States and hold a bachelor's degree or
above from an accredited college or university
-  Have experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) at the high
school, college, or adult-learning level
-  Be a U.S. citizen, resident alien or authorized to work for remuneration
in the U.S.
-  Submit TOEFL (R), TOEIC (R) or TSE (R) scores if you are a nonnative
English speaker who has lived in the U.S. for less than two years
  * TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language (TM)
  * TOEIC - Test of English for International Communication (TM)
  * TSE - Test of Spoken English (TM)
-  Possess computer skills and have access to a secure, high-speed Internet
connection
-  Be able to maintain confidentiality and security
-  Have a willingness to learn and follow procedures
-  Be available for training and scoring

Rater Tasks:
-  Raters will score spoken or written constructed responses for the TOEIC
test using a secured computer from their home or office.
-  Raters will evaluate examinees' responses by using ETS's Online Scoring
Network (OSN) system.

Rater Training:
Approved TOEIC raters will self-train using the online tutorial followed by
certification.  Successful certification for the operational version of
TOEIC (called STOEIC) is required to become a rater. Certified raters will
be eligible to score the practice test (TOEIC), operational test (STOEIC),
and institutional test (ITOEIC).

Work Schedule and Compensation:
TOEIC rating sessions will be scheduled on a monthly basis.  Raters will
work in four- or eight-hour increments and earn $15 per hour.  Raters are
invited to score based upon test administrations and volumes.

How to apply:
For more information and to apply online, please visit our website and
select the "Scoring Opportunities" link found beneath the 'On Our Site'
locater. Scroll down to the TOEIC "Frequently Asked Questions" and
"Application" Link.

You may also submit your résumé to the application address listed below.
Applicants with qualifying credentials will be notified by e-mail.

Email Address for Applications: Toeflrater at ets.org
Web Address for Applications:
http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/menuitem.c988ba0e5dd572bada20bc47c3
Contact Information: