18.3315, Software: EXMARaLDA / Linguistic Annotation Wiki

Fri Nov 9 23:01:21 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3315. Fri Nov 09 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3315, Software: EXMARaLDA / Linguistic Annotation Wiki

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Hannah Morales <hannah at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Nov-2007
From: Thomas Schmidt < thomas.schmidt at uni-hamburg.de >
Subject: EXMARaLDA / Linguistic Annotation Wiki

Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:59:32
From: Thomas Schmidt [thomas.schmidt at uni-hamburg.de]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3315.html&submissionid=160568&topicid=13&msgnumber=1

At

http://www.exmaralda.org,

a new version of the EXMARaLDA website has gone online. EXMARaLDA
(Extensible Markup Language for Discourse Annotation) is a system of
concepts, data formats and software tools for the construction, management
and analysis of spoken language corpora. The website offers free download of

- the Partitur-Editor - a tool for creating transcriptions in musical score
notation
- the Corpus Manager - a tool for compiling transcription corpora and
corpus meta-data
- EXAKT - a query tool for spoken language transcriptions

The website also offers an overview of multilingual corpora which have been
or are presently being compiled at the Research Centre on Multilingualism
at the University of Hamburg.

Also part of the website is the Linguistic Annotation Wiki
(http://annotation.exmaralda.org/), which describes tools and formats for
creating and managing linguistic annotations. This is a Wiki, so we any new
contributions, additions, corrections are most welcome.
Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis
                     Language Documentation
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics