18.3455, Support: French & French Linguistics: PhD Student, Indiana University

Tue Nov 20 15:14:30 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3455. Tue Nov 20 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3455, Support: French & French Linguistics: PhD Student, Indiana University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Nov-2007
From: Julie Auger < jauger at indiana.edu >
Subject: French & French Linguistics: PhD Student, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:12:17
From: Julie Auger [jauger at indiana.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3455.html&submissionid=161625&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: Indiana University
Department: French & Italian
Web Address: http://www.indiana.edu/~frithome/grads/grads.shtml

Level: PhD

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
French Linguistics
Required Language(s): French (fra)

Fellowships and Associate Instructorships are available for new students
pursuing the MA/PhD degree in French Linguistics at Indiana University,
Bloomington. Our five faculty members, housed within the 15-member French
section of the Department of French & Italian, teach courses and supervise
research in a large number of areas, including phonology, morphology, syntax,
semantics, second language acquisition, teaching methodology, sociolinguistics &
dialectology, pidgins & creoles, lexicography & lexicology, history of French,
language contact, and endangered languages.

Associate Instructors teach 20 hours or less per week in our Basic French
Language Program while undertaking coursework and research toward the MA or PhD
degree. Contracts are for one academic year (nine months), renewable for up to
five years. Fellowship recipients are typically free of teaching obligations for
one or two years and then are awarded Associate Instructor or Research Assistant
positions for a total of up to five years of support.

AIs and fellowship recipients receive full tuition (valued at approximately
$21,000 per year for an out-of-state student) and health insurance. Living
stipends for 2007-2008 will be at least $12,770 for an AIship and at least
$15,000 for a fellowship. Miscellaneous additional fees run approximately
$400-500 per semester for the first 3-4 years (and less thereafter).

For more information, please visit our website or contact Professor Julie Auger,
Director of Graduate Studies.

Deadlines for applications:
January 15, 2008
(December 1, 2007:  International students)

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2008

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Prof. Julie Auger
	Dept. of French & Italian, Ballantine Hall 642
	1020 E. Kirkwood Ave.
	Bloomington IN 47405
	USA

Web Address for Applications: http://www.gradapp.indiana.edu/