18.3459, Jobs: General Ling: Post Doc - Junior Fellows, University of Freiburg

Tue Nov 20 17:06:01 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3459. Tue Nov 20 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3459, Jobs: General Ling: Post Doc - Junior Fellows, University of Freiburg

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 20-Nov-2007
From: Peter Auer < peter.auer at germanistik.uni-freiburg.de >
Subject: General Linguistics: Post Doc - Junior Fellows, University of Freiburg, Germany

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:04:55
From: Peter Auer [peter.auer at germanistik.uni-freiburg.de]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3459.html&submissionid=161701&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Freiburg, Germany
Department: Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS)
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Semantics; Linguistics

The Department of Language & Literature in the newly founded Freiburg
Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS ) at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität
Freiburg  invites applications for

2 Post Doc Fellowships (Junior Fellows) in Linguistics.

FRIAS offers an excellent, international and interdisciplinary research
context for empirical research. The postdoctoral candidate is expected to
have an exceptional research record and a well-conceived research proposal
in line with the Freiburg tradition of linguistic research. Furthermore,
the candidate should be highly motivated and demonstrate a high level of
self initiative as well as commitment and interest in interdisciplinary
discussions. FRIAS has defined "representation and knowledge" as an
interdisciplinary focus area for Language & Literature. One of our topics
will be spatial representations/the linguistic construction of
geographical, interactional, and semantic spaces.

Fellowships will be granted for three years according to TV-LE14 or A13,
starting no later than April 1, 2008, with the possibility of a two-year
extension. It is possible to set up a junior research group (including a
PhD position). All fellows at the FRIAS will be residents in Freiburg; they
have no teaching obligations but can teach at the departments of the
Philologische Fakultät if they wish.

Applications (CV, outline of prospective research project in the FRIAS,
three names of linguists willing to write letters of recommendation) are
requested before Dec 20, 2007 and should be addressed to Freiburg Institute
for Advanced Studies at the address given below.

For further information, please contact peter.auer at germanistik.uni-freiburg.de

Application Deadline: 20-Dec-2007
	Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies
	c/o Prof. Dr. Peter Auer