18.3474, FYI: Collection of essays on Shakespeare's language

Wed Nov 21 15:22:49 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3474. Wed Nov 21 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3474, FYI: Collection of essays on Shakespeare's language

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: F. Okki Kurniawan <okki at linguistlist.org>

Date: 20-Nov-2007
From: Mireille Ravassat < mireilleravassat at yahoo.fr >

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:21:50
From: Mireille Ravassat [mireilleravassat at yahoo.fr]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3474.html&submissionid=161741&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Shakespeare had a lifelong interest in the various problematics inherent to
language per se and his own innovative uses of language still baffle us,
modern-day readers of his texts. Following our seminar in London in 2006 at
the international conference of The European Society for the Study of
English, we are currently looking for contributions in English to a
collection of essays on Shakespeare's Language, to be published in 2008.
Papers are welcome on various techniques of textual investigation developed
in such fields as stylistic close reading, corpus linguistics, cognitive,
authorship studies, lexicography, stylometry, etc.
Papers will be refereed by an international committee.
Please send 500-word proposals with some bibliographical references and a
brief c.v. to:
mireilleravassat at yahoo.fr

Deadline for abstracts : 10 January 2008
If you plan to submit a manuscript, please let us know as soon as possible.
We will only take into consideration papers which have not been published yet.

Deadline for submitting papers: 30 March 2008.

Dr Mireille Ravassat
Senior Lecturer
Department of English Studies
University of Valenciennes (France)