18.3544, Jobs: Ling Theories: W3 Professorship, Justus-Liebig University Giessen

Tue Nov 27 15:34:42 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3544. Tue Nov 27 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3544, Jobs: Ling Theories: W3 Professorship, Justus-Liebig University Giessen

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 26-Nov-2007
From:  Neugebauer < stellenmarkt at uni-giessen.de >
Subject: Linguistic Theories: W3 Professorship of German Linguistics, Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Hessen, Germany

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:31:23
From:  Neugebauer [stellenmarkt at uni-giessen.de]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3544.html&submissionid=162261&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Justus-Liebig University Giessen
Department: Faculty of Language, Literature, Culture
Job Rank: W3 Professorship of German Linguistics

Specialty Areas: Linguistic Theories; Language Description

Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Faculty of Language, Literature, Culture
invites applications for a

W3 Professorship of German Linguistics
with a Focus on Linguistic Theory and Language Description
vacant as of 1st October 2008.

Reference is made to § 70 section 6 Hessisches Hochschulgesetz (HHG) and
conditions of employment based on § 71 HHG. We seek candidates who have
completed a first-rate PhD degree and have proven their academic excellence
in both research and teaching in the area of German linguistics.

The successful candidate is specialized in theoretical approaches to the
German language system and German language use. In language description,
the focus should be on German grammar and semantics. Central research areas
of this position include theories of grammar, meaning and text as well as
the grammatical and lexico-semantic description of German. In addition, the
successful candidate is able and willing to become actively involved in
current research activities and established research centres at the
University of Giessen, in particular the Centre for Media and
Interactivity, the Giessen Graduate School for the Humanities/International
Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture and the interdisciplinary Research
Network Educational Linguistics. An interest in corpus compilation and
development would be highly welcome. The professor's duties will include
teaching a wide range of study programmes for the new Bachelors and Masters
degrees (BA "Germanistik (Schwerpunkt Sprache)", MA "Texte - Medien -
Sprachkompetenz", MA "Modern Languages and Linguistics", MA "Language
Technology and Foreign Language Learning") as well as all teacher training
degrees.

The Justus-Liebig University of Giessen aims to employ more women in
academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to
apply. The JLU is committed to increasing the number of women employed.
Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be favoured.

Applicants should send a letter stating their qualifications and teaching
abilities and a CV directly to The President of Justus-Liebig University
Giessenat the address given below, quoting reference number 5-05/08.
Applications must be received by January 4th, 2008 at the latest.

Candidates are recommended to refer to our webpage on employment
http://www.uni-giessen.de/stellenmarkt/ and application procedures at:
http://www.uni-giessen.de/stellenmarkt/merkblatt.pdf

Please only submit copies of your application documents as they cannot be
returned after the application procedure is completed.

Application Deadline: 04-Jan-2008
	The President of Justus-Liebig University Giessen
	Ludwigstrasse 23
	Giessen, Hessen 35390
	Germany
Web Address for Applications: http://www.uni-giessen.de/stellenmarkt/merkblatt.pdf