18.3546, Jobs: Indo-European & Historical Ling, Pragmatics: Post Doc, U of Oslo

Tue Nov 27 15:47:12 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3546. Tue Nov 27 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3546, Jobs: Indo-European & Historical Ling, Pragmatics: Post Doc, U of Oslo

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 26-Nov-2007
From: Dag Haug < daghaug at ifikk.uio.no >
Subject: Indo-European & Historical Linguistics, Pragmatics: Post Doc, University of Oslo, Norway

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:43:47
From: Dag Haug [daghaug at ifikk.uio.no]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3546.html&submissionid=162262&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Oslo
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics; Pragmatics

Required Language(s): Indo-European

2 Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships available in the project PROIEL -
Pragmatic Resources in Old Indo-European Languages, Department of
Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas, University of Oslo.

PROIEL is a project funded by the Norwegian Research Council's YFF-program.
Activities start officially on January 1st, 2008. Its principal goal is to
achieve a better understanding of the way information is structured by
means the grammar make available ('pragmatic resources') in the old
Indo-European languages Greek, Latin, Classical Armenian, Gothic and Old
Church Slavonic. The main corpus to be studied is the translations of the
New Testament into these languages, but as far as possible we will also
include other original texts to control for Greek influence.

Topics to be studied include word order, participial constructions,
pronominal reference, article use and discourse particles. Intending
applicants should contact the project leader for a fuller description of
the project.

More information is available at
http://www.admin.uio.no/opa/ledige-stillinger/2007/vit/postdocresearchfellowdoctoralresearchfellowIFIKK-07-13842.html

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2008