18.3557, Jobs: Syntax: Assistant Professor, The University of Georgia

Thu Nov 29 02:36:06 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3557. Wed Nov 28 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3557, Jobs: Syntax: Assistant Professor, The University of Georgia

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-Nov-2007
From: Margaret Quesada < quesadam at uga.edu >
Subject: Syntax: Assistant Professor, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:34:57
From: Margaret Quesada [quesadam at uga.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3557.html&submissionid=162385&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The University of Georgia
Department: Linguistics Program
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.uga.edu/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Syntax

The Linguistics Program at the University of Georgia invites applications
for a tenure-track position at the assistant professor level, to begin
August 18, 2008. Applicants should have a primary research and teaching
interest in syntax. A secondary area of specialization that complements the
existing areas of the program is desirable. The ideal candidate will be
someone with documented evidence of excellence in research and teaching who
is eager to engage with students and faculty in our interdisciplinary
program. Responsibilities include teaching two courses per semester at
either the undergraduate or the graduate level, maintaining an active
research program, and mentoring graduate student research. PhD in
Linguistics required at the time of appointment. Send a letter of
application, curriculum vitae, writing sample, three current letters of
recommendation, and graduate transcripts (unofficial transcripts are
acceptable) to the Search Committee, Program in Linguistics at the address
given below.

Electronic submissions accepted. Please email all documents as attachments
to lwheatle at uga.edu

Letters of recommendation submitted electronically should come directly
from the recommenders.

Applications received after January 7, 2008 cannot be assured
consideration.  Preliminary telephone interviews will be conducted in
mid-January 2008.

The Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, its many units, and the
University of Georgia are committed to increasing the diversity of its
faculty and students, and sustaining a work and learning environment that
is inclusive.  The University is an EEO/AA institution.

Application Deadline: 07-Jan-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee
	Program in Linguistics