18.3579, FYI: New Open Access Journal: Semantics and Pragmatics

Fri Nov 30 14:32:01 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3579. Fri Nov 30 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3579, FYI: New Open Access Journal: Semantics and Pragmatics

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: F. Okki Kurniawan <okki at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-Nov-2007
From: David Beaver < editors at semprag.org >

Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:30:54
From: David Beaver [editors at semprag.org]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3579.html&submissionid=162422&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

We are pleased to announce that a new journal, Semantics and Pragmatics, is
now open for submissions at <http://www.semprag.org/>.

Semantics and Pragmatics (S&P) is a peer-reviewed open access journal,
affiliated with, and published by, the LSA as part of its eLanguage
initiative. The journal's mission is to bring the very best articles in
semantics, pragmatics and allied subfields, to as wide an audience as
possible, as quickly as possible, at no cost to readers or authors.

We welcome submissions of high quality, original, self-contained, English
language research articles of interest to those working in semantics and
pragmatics. Within this broad remit, we hope to publish not only papers on
core topics in semantics and pragmatics, but also interdisciplinary papers
involving syntax, phonology, psycho-linguistics, text and corpus studies,
discourse and conversation analysis, computational semantics, the lexicon,
historical linguistics, cross-linguistic typology, logic, and philosophy of
language.

S&P is published electronically at <http://www.semprag.org/>, and the site
also allows electronic submission of articles. The first, ''pilot'' issue,
containing a couple of editorials, can be viewed at
<http://semprag.org/issue/current>. Interested readers can also learn about
some of the considerations behind journal policy at our editors blog
<http://semantics-online.org/sp/>. We will be happy to receive your
feedback either as comments on the editors blog, or by email to the editors
 <editors at semprag.org>.

We ask everyone in the field to spread the word about the new journal and
to encourage submission of new work to S&P. We, the editors, are excited to
open up the doors to the journal, and look forward optimistically to a
flood of submissions.

David Beaver (UT Austin) and Kai von Fintel (MIT)

Linguistic Field(s): Semantics