18.2950, FYI: Participate in ' Corpus Escrito Del Espa ñol L2'

Wed Oct 10 14:55:32 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2950. Wed Oct 10 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2950, FYI: Participate in 'Corpus Escrito Del Español L2'

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: F. Okki Kurniawan <okki at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Oct-2007
From: Cristobal Lozano < cristoballozano at ugr.es >
Subject: Participate in 'Corpus Escrito Del Español L2'

Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:52:34
From: Cristobal Lozano [cristoballozano at ugr.es]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2950.html&submissionid=158508&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

What is 'CEDEL2'?
-----------------
- CEDEL2 (Corpus Escrito del Español L2) is a research project at the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- We are investigating how English-speaking people learn Spanish.

Who can participate?
--------------------
- Learners of Spanish who have English as their mother tongue: any level
(beginner, intermediate, advanced).
- Native speakers of Spanish.

How can you participate?
------------------------
- You are requested to fill in three online and anonymous forms about
Spanish language at:
http://www.uam.es/woslac/start.htm

What can you get from it?
--------------------------
- Learners: you will be emailed the Spanish grammar test results, so you
can know your level of Spanish grammar.
- We will also send you by post a printed certificate (stamped by the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid) stating that you have participated in our
study.

Who has already participated?
-----------------------------
So far, we have received data from different institutions all over the
world, e.g.,:
- USA: Georgia State University, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Boston
University, Skidmore Collegue, Rutgers University, George Washington
University.
- UK: Open University, Cambridge University UK, Essex University,
University of Hertfordshire, St Paul's School London, King's College London.
- SPAIN: Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, St Louis University at Madrid,
Fundacion Ortega y Gasset at Madrid and Toledo, Escuela Oficial de Idiomas,
Universidad de Cantabria.

Remember:
---------
- This is not an exam.
- You will not be assessed.
- We are simply interested in your spontaneous written Spanish language.
- All information is anonymous and confidential.

Participate in CEDEL2 now: http://www.uam.es/woslac/start.htm

-------
Cristóbal Lozano & Amaya Mendikoetxea
Universidad de Granada & Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain)

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition