18.2990, Jobs: Vietnamese and General Ling: Rank Open, Seoul National University

Sun Oct 14 07:33:45 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2990. Sun Oct 14 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2990, Jobs: Vietnamese and General Ling: Rank Open, Seoul National University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Oct-2007
From: Seungho Nam < nam at snu.ac.kr >
Subject: Arabic, Standard & General Linguistics: Rank Open, Seoul National University, South Korea

Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 03:32:43
From: Seungho Nam [nam at snu.ac.kr]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2990.html&submissionid=158681&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Seoul National University
Department: Linguistics
Web Address: http://plaza.snu.ac.kr/~linguist/eng.htm

Job Rank: Rank Open

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; General Linguistics

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)

The Department of Linguistics at Seoul National University invites
applications for a tenure-track position in Arabic and general linguistics.
The appointment is expected to begin on September 1, 2008, but it might
begin in the Spring of 2008 if a selected candidate wants to come earlier.
Candidates have to be either a native speaker of Arabic or to have a
native-level proficiency of Arabic, and they are required to hold a PhD in
linguistics at the time of application. In addition to a specialization in
Arabic linguistics, the candidates should present a proven record of
research in theoretical linguistics and evidence of teaching experience.
Each academic year, the candidate will teach two or three courses of Arabic
languages and one or two courses in theoretical linguistics on graduate
level in English. The salary will be determined based on the scale
appointed (for example, up to $60,000 for associate professor
approximately), and the housing will be partly supported by the university.

The Applications should include a CV, a list of publications/presentations,
a statement of research/teaching interests, and three names (or letters) of
reference. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received, but
they should arrive before December 1, 2007. Selected candidates are
expected to have an interview and a job talk around the end of December,
2007. You may find information about the Department of Linguistics of Seoul
National University on our website. Seoul National University is a
nondiscriminatory employer.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2007

Email Address for Applications: nam at snu.ac.kr
Contact Information: