18.3016, Support: Bayesian Models of Language Acquisition: PhD Student, Brown U

Mon Oct 15 16:32:42 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3016. Mon Oct 15 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3016, Support: Bayesian Models of Language Acquisition: PhD Student, Brown U

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Oct-2007
From: Johnson Mark < Mark_Johnson at brown.edu >
Subject: Bayesian Models of Language Acquisition: PhD Student, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:30:24
From: Johnson Mark [Mark_Johnson at brown.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3016.html&submissionid=158905&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: Brown University
Department: Cognitive & Linguistic Sciences

Level: PhD

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Language Acquisition

PhD positions in Bayesian models of Language Acquisition

We have several positions available for PhD students in our NSF-funded
research project on Bayesian models of language acquisition. Applicants
should have a solid mathematical and/or computational background and will
work on projects such as data analysis using forced-alignment speech-
recognition technology and developing Bayesian models of language
acquisition and language and vision. We expect to provide successful
applicants with full financial support and a cross-disciplinary training
program with a strong emphasis on Computer Science and/or Applied
Mathematics. Applications for admission should be made to the graduate
program of the Department of Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences at Brown
University by January 2, 2008.

For further information contact Mark Johnson or Katherine Demuth
(Katherine_Demuth at brown.edu).

Application Deadline: 02-Jan-2008

Web Address for Applications: http://gradschool.brown.edu/go/generalinfo

Contact Information: