18.3029, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Fixed-term Lecturer, Queen Mary, U of London

Wed Oct 17 13:08:25 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3029. Wed Oct 17 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3029, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Fixed-term Lecturer, Queen Mary, U of London

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Oct-2007
From: Devyani Sharma < d.sharma at qmul.ac.uk >
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Fixed-term Lecturer, Queen Mary, University of London, UK

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:06:49
From: Devyani Sharma [d.sharma at qmul.ac.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3029.html&submissionid=158966&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Queen Mary, University of London
Department: Linguistics
Web Address: http://www.qmul.ac.uk

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

The School of Languages, Linguistics and Film at Queen Mary, University of
London, intends to appoint a fixed-term Lecturer in Linguistics for 12
months. The successful candidate must be able to take up the appointment by
7th January 2008. Salary will be in the range £34,518 - £36,458 per annum
inclusive.

The appointee will be expected to convene and teach undergraduate courses
on the Linguistics degree programmes in the School, especially in the broad
area of Sociolinguistics such as Language and Gender, and to contribute to
postgraduate teaching. The successful candidate will also be expected to
contribute to the life of the School in a more general way, by undertaking
appropriate administrative duties. We expect that the appointee will be
engaged in producing and publishing high-level research.

For further particulars of the post and an application form, please visit
the School website at www.sllf.qmul.ac.uk or send an A4 stamped addressed
envelope clearly marked with the reference number 07401/KK to the
Recruitment Administrator, School of Languages, Linguistics and Film at the
address given below. Alternatively, please visit the Human Resources web
site http://www.hr.qmul.ac.uk/ Completed forms, covering letter and CV
should arrive by Friday 2nd November 2007.

Application Deadline: 02-Nov-2007
	Recruitment Administrator
	School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
	Queen Mary, University of London, Mile End Road
	London E1 4NS
	United Kingdom
Web Address for Applications: http://www.sllf.qmul.ac.uk
Contact Information: