18.3035, Confs: General Linguistics/Sweden

Wed Oct 17 16:56:11 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3035. Wed Oct 17 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3035, Confs: General Linguistics/Sweden

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse <morse at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Oct-2007
From: Carita Paradis < carita-paradis at vxu.se >
Subject: SALC Conference

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:54:28
From: Carita Paradis [carita-paradis at vxu.se]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3035.html&submissionid=159001&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

SALC Conference
Short Title: SALC

Date: 29-Nov-2007 - 01-Dec-2007
Location: Lund, Sweden
Contact: Carita Paradis
Contact Email: carita.paradis at vxu.se
Meeting URL: http://www.salc-sssk.org/

The First Conference of the Swedish Association for Language and Cognition (SALC)
Lund, Nov 29 - Dec 1, 2007
http://www.salc-sssk.org/

We would like to inform you that the Scientific Program for the First Conference
of the Swedish Association for Language and Cognition (SALC) to be held at Lund
University between November 29 and December 1st, has now been posted on the
conference home site:

http://www.salc-sssk.org/conference/

There will be:
- 5 plenary talks (by Susan Goldin-Meadow, Esa Itkonen, Chris Sinha, Peter
Gärdenfors and Östen Dahl),
- 45 oral presentations in the general session
- 10 oral presentations each for the theme sessions: ''Space in Language and
Cognition'', ''Language and Gesture'' and ''The Dynamics of Symbolic Matter''
- 15 poster presentations

The Business Meeting of SALC will be held on Nov 30, 1-2 pm.

We have registered over 100 participants, but have an additional 50 places left,
so if you wish to participate, please use the homesite in order to register!

We are looking forward to seeing all speakers and guests in Lund in the end of
next month!

For the Organizing Committee,
Jordan Zlatev, President of SALC

email: jordan.zlatev at ling.lu.se