18.3052, Jobs: General Linguistics: Assistant Prof, University of North Dakota

Thu Oct 18 20:34:42 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3052. Thu Oct 18 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3052, Jobs: General Linguistics: Assistant Prof, University of North Dakota

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Oct-2007
From: Ursula Hovet < ursulahovet at mail.und.nodak.edu >
Subject: General Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, USA

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:33:16
From: Ursula Hovet [ursulahovet at mail.und.nodak.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3052.html&submissionid=159012&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of North Dakota
Department: English
Web Address: http://www.und.edu/index.jsp

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; TESOL, Medieval Literature & History of English

Pending approval, the Department of English invites applications for a
tenure-track position beginning August 2008 at the rank of Assistant
Professor in General Linguistics with the ability to teach Medieval
literature and the History of the English Language. Interest in TESL
theories and methods and in Editing welcome. PhD, demonstrated teaching
effectiveness, and evidence of scholarly achievement required.  This
position includes the teaching of graduate and undergraduate courses as
well as introductory courses. Our normal teaching load is five courses a
year. We are a thriving, active department with bachelor's, master's, and
PhD programs in a university of 13,000 students. Our annual Writers
Conference features writers of national and international importance (see
www.undwritersconference.org). Our department contributes to North Dakota
Quarterly and publishes North Country, a long-standing student literary
journal.

Please send letter and curriculum vitae to Sheryl O'Donnell at the address
given below, or email to Ursula Hovet. First consideration will be given to
applications received by 10 November 2007. The University of North Dakota
recognizes the importance of responding to the needs of dual-career
couples. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer striving
for continued diversity.

Application Deadline: 10-Nov-2007
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Sheryl O'Donnell