18.3070, Jobs: Computational & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Post Doc, CEA LIST

Sat Oct 20 18:32:07 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3070. Sat Oct 20 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3070, Jobs: Computational & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Post Doc, CEA LIST

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Oct-2007
From: Gregory Grefenstette < Gregory.Grefenstette at cea.fr >
Subject: Computational & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Post Doc, CEA LIST, Fontenay aux Roses, France

Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:30:24
From: Gregory Grefenstette [Gregory.Grefenstette at cea.fr]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3070.html&submissionid=159142&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: CEA LIST
Department: Multimedia Multilingual Knowledge Engineering Labo
Web Address: http://www-list.cea.fr/gb/index_gb.htm

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      French (fra)

In the Multimedia Multilingual Knowledge Engineering Laboratory (LIC2M) of
the CEA LIST, we are currently working on a project of creating a very
large lexical network. This postdoc concerns filtering and classifying
acquired networks for a given domain, such as sports.

We are looking for someone with experience in large scale data mining, in
programming, and who has experience with both the problems associated with
large text corpora and knowledge modeling.

The CEA LIST, a Lab of applied research on software-intensive technologies
near Paris actively engaged in research work extending from conceptual
design of systems to pre-industrial prototypes, contributes to the transfer
of technology and encourages innovation, particularly by assisting the
emergence of new businesses.

Restrictive conditions on the candidatures: Phd awarded after January 2006,
less than 30 years old, diplomas with distinction.

Contract: Fixed-term, 1 year, starting after Jan 1, 2008

Place: Fontenay aux Roses (near Paris) France

Application Deadline: 07-Jan-2008 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: Gregory.Grefenstette at cea.fr
Contact Information:
	Gregory Grefenstette
	Email: Gregory.Grefenstette at cea.fr