18.3157, Jobs: English & Historical Ling: Asst Prof, Tennessee Technological U

Sun Oct 28 03:04:45 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3157. Sat Oct 27 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3157, Jobs: English & Historical Ling: Asst Prof, Tennessee Technological U

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-Oct-2007
From: Homer Kemp < hkemp at tntech.edu >
Subject: English & Historical Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TN, USA

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 23:03:20
From: Homer Kemp [hkemp at tntech.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3157.html&submissionid=159577&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Tennessee Technological University
Department: Department of English and Communications
Web Address: http://www.tntech.edu

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Assistant Professor (Linguistics) - Department of English and
Communications, tenure track, beginning Fall 2008.  Must have completed
requirements for PhD degree in linguistics with a concentration in English,
or completed requirements for a PhD degree in English with a
specialization/dissertation in historical linguistics, sociolinguistics, or
applied linguistics.

Primary teaching duties in history of the English Language, Descriptive
Linguistics, and general education core in literature or composition.  For
complete position summary and application procedure visit our website or
call 931-372-3343. Review begins January 7, 2008; open until filled.

Apply to Chair, Search Committee, Department of English and Communications,
Box 5053, Tennessee Tech University, Cookeville, TN 38505.  AA, EEC.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair, Search Committee Shirley Laird
	Department of English and Communications
	Box 5053
	Tennessee Tech University
	Cookeville, TN 38505
	USA