18.3180, Jobs: Spanish & Computational Ling: Computational Linguist, Temis

Tue Oct 30 13:51:36 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3180. Tue Oct 30 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3180, Jobs: Spanish & Computational Ling: Computational Linguist, Temis

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 29-Oct-2007
From: Anne Mellier < anne.mellier at temis.com >
Subject: Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Temis, Paris, France

Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:48:56
From: Anne Mellier [anne.mellier at temis.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3180.html&submissionid=159801&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Temis
Department: R&D
Web Address: http://www.temis.com

Job Rank: Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

TEMIS is the European leader in providing Text Mining solutions.  TEMIS
provides a comprehensive and scalable enterprise solution to organize,
analyze and deliver information from any unstructured source in all major
languages.

We have an immediate need  for a full-time position in computational
linguistics in the field of competitive intelligence. This job is based on
a specific project that will last 6 months.

The job will consist of :
-  Writing linguistic specifications for  Spanish and Portuguese
-  Gathering corpora
-  Developing and testing semantic and grammatical relationships in Spanish
and Portuguese in the field of competitive intelligence.

Required skills :
-  Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese
-  Fluency in French and/or English (work language)
-  Familiar with regular expressions
-  Able to modelize information
-  Adaptability to new information technologies
-  Strong organisational and analytical skills
-  Pragmatic and able to work autonomously
-  Strong ability to work on a team
-  Adaptability to an ever evolving environment
-  Master's degree (level 1 or 2)

Desired skills :
-  Familiar with Xpath, grep, etc.
-  Fluency in German, Italian, etc.
-  Familiar with Competitve Intelligence needs
-  Familiar with Named Entities extraction

This job :
-  should start as soon as possible
-  contract for 6 months renewable.
-  is based in Paris (France)