18.3194, Jobs: Eng, Adolescent & Children's Lit: Asst Prof, Mesa State College

Wed Oct 31 16:03:57 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3194. Wed Oct 31 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3194, Jobs: Eng, Adolescent & Children's Lit: Asst Prof, Mesa State College

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Oct-2007
From: Lee Schmalz < lschmalz at mesastate.edu >
Subject: English & Adolescent and Children's Literature: Assistant Professor, Mesa State College, Grand Junction, CO, USA

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:02:17
From: Lee Schmalz [lschmalz at mesastate.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3194.html&submissionid=159901&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Mesa State College
Department: Languages, Literature and Communication
Web Address: http://www.mesastate.edu

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Adolescent and Children's Literature; Composition

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Mesa State College invites applications for a full-time Assistant
Professorship in English with the ability to teach adolescent and
children's literature. Other areas of specialization are open. Teaching
duties include first year composition and appropriate upper and
lower-division literature courses. The teaching load is a minimum of four
courses in both the Fall and Spring semesters. Additional responsibilities
include scholarship (i.e:  presenting at conferences, publishing work,
editing journals), service to the college and department, and academic
advising.

PhD in English (from nationally accredited institution), scholarly
potential (unpublished research, research assistantships,
works-in-progress, grant work, etc), and a demonstrated commitment to
college level teaching are required.

Full-time, tenure-track position, beginning August, 2008.

Salary is commensurate with education and experience, and includes
excellent health and retirement benefits.

Review of completed applications will begin December 1, 2007. Position will
remain open until filled.

To apply, submit a completed Mesa State College Exempt and Professional
Staff job application (available at
www.mesastate.edu/finadmin/hr/projobapp.doc), letter of interest,
curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and the names, phone numbers, and
email addresses of three current professional references. Send to the
address given below.

Mesa State College requires successful background check for employment.

To learn more about Mesa State College, visit our web page.

Mesa State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to a culturally diverse staff and student body.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2007
	English Professor Search Committee
	Department of Human Resources, Mesa State College
	1100 North Avenue
	Grand Junction, CO 81501-3122
	USA
Email Address for Applications: kamcclel at mesastate.edu
Web Address for Applications: www.mesastate.edu/finadmin/hr/projobapps.doc
Contact Information:
	Professional Staff Assistant Karen McClelland
	Email: kamcclecl at mesastate.edu
	Phone: 970-248-1820
	Fax: 970-248-1061