18.3191, Jobs: Psycholing/Neuroling, Comp Modeling: Junior Level Faulty, UCLA

Wed Oct 31 15:52:01 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3191. Wed Oct 31 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3191, Jobs: Psycholing/Neuroling, Comp Modeling: Junior Level Faulty, UCLA

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 29-Oct-2007
From: Mary Hoang < hoang at humnet.ucla.edu >
Subject: Psycholinguistics or Neurolinguistics, Computational Modeling: Tenure-Track Faculty at the Junior Level, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:49:27
From: Mary Hoang [hoang at humnet.ucla.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3191.html&submissionid=159812&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of California, Los Angeles
Department: Linguistics
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/

Job Rank: Tenure-Track Faculty at the Junior Level

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics; Computational Modeling

The UCLA Department of Linguistics seeks to hire one tenure-track faculty
at the junior level, starting Fall 2008. The position will be in either of
the two specializations listed below:

(1) the area of psycholinguistics or neurolinguistics, with an emphasis in
morphology, syntax, or semantics. The successful candidate will be expected
to have substantial experience in experimental work bearing on one of these
areas of theoretical linguistics.

(2) the area of computational modeling, by which is meant formal
implementations of grammars, models of language learning, or processing
models, with a research focus in any area of linguistics, including
semantics, syntax, morphology, phonology, and phonetics.

Subject to budgetary restrictions, the appointment is to being July 1,
2008, with teaching to begin in the Fall 2008.

Candidates should demonstrate a strong commitment to graduate and
undergraduate education. A PhD is required.

Compensation is commensurate with academic qualification and experience.

Applications should reach us by January 20, 2008; only applications
received by this date will be ensured of full consideration. We expect to
interview candidates at the LSA annual meeting in January. Applications
should include a CV, a statement of research interests, samples of recent
work, and three letters of reference.

Please send applications materials to the address given below.

UCLA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Women and
Minorities are encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 20-Jan-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Lisa Harrington