18.2561, Jobs: Dialogue & Machine Learning: Researcher, University of Sheffield

Sat Sep 1 15:40:53 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2561. Sat Sep 01 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2561, Jobs: Dialogue & Machine Learning: Researcher, University of Sheffield

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 01-Sep-2007
From: Yorick Wilks < yorick at dcs..shef.ac.uk >
Subject: Dialogue and Machine Learning: Researcher, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom

Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:39:07
From: Yorick Wilks [yorick at dcs..shef.ac.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2561.html&submissionid=155281&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Sheffield
Department: Computer Science
Web Address: http://www.shef.ac.uk/dcs/

Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Dialogue & Machine Learning

Salary: 20,842 -- 31,000 GBP per annum

There is an open position for a research assistant/associate in computer
dialogue systems with a special emphasis on machine learning and
large-scale web-based applications, (depending on whether it is filled full
or half time, the latter having the possibility of studying for a PhD as a
staff candidate on this topic while working on the project). A PhD in the
area would be an advantage.

The post is associated with the EU-funded Companions
http://www.companions-project.org one of the largest projects funded by the
European Union as part of Framework 6, Information Society Technologies.
This is a four year project starting in 2006 and ending in 2010. Initial
contracts will be for one year, extensible for three. For online
applications and formal details please look at the application website
listed below or inquire informally from Professor Yorick Wilks.

Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2007

Web Address for Applications: http://www.shef.ac.uk/jobs
Contact Information:
	Professor Yorick Wilks