18.2586, Jobs: Dutch; French; English & Comp Ling: Computational Linguist, Q-go

Thu Sep 6 14:22:57 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2586. Thu Sep 06 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2586, Jobs: Dutch; French; English & Comp Ling: Computational Linguist, Q-go

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 06-Sep-2007
From: Leonoor van der Beek < leonoor.van.der.beek at q-go.com >
Subject: Dutch; French; English & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go, Diemen, Netherlands

Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:20:40
From: Leonoor van der Beek [leonoor.van.der.beek at q-go.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2586.html&submissionid=155564&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Q-go
Web Address: http://www.q-go.com

Job Rank: Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
                      English (eng)
                      French (fra)

The Organization Q-go

Q-go is an international, fast growing, Dutch software company specialized
in Customer Interaction Management applications based on Natural Language
Processing technology. The applications enable people to formulate a
question / search query in their own words. Q-go's technology ensures a
relevant match, generally consisting of a model question and answer. We
thus provide easy access to information,  as well as insight in the needs
of the user. Q-go's technology is currently available in eight European
languages and is in use by leading European companies.

Q-go's headquarters is in Diemen, The Netherlands. Furthermore, we operate
from offices in Bonn, Munich, Zurich, Madrid and Barcelona. From these
offices leading companies in banking, insurance, telecommunications and
government are serviced. Our fast growing customer base requires two
additional Computational Linguists.

Computational Linguist:
This position is located in our Diemen, Netherlands office. The
Computational Linguist will be part of the Professional Services team. This
team is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and management of
all our current customer projects.

Key Areas of Responsibility:
-  Maintain dictionaries / thesauri
-  Grammar improvements: building and adjusting grammar rules
-  Development of translation rules
-  Improve keyword matching
-  Question and answer database analyses
-  Consultancy
   *  Advise on how model questions need to be phrased
   *  Advise in general on how to improve matching results
-  Problem resolution
   *  Investigate why some results are not presented, and what can be done
to improve them
 *  Improve matching of end-user questions by fine-tuning our language
technology
-  Participate in internal projects for further improvement of our core
technology
-  Ensure customers are satisfied with Q-go products and services;
-  Other responsibilities as assigned.

Culture of Professional Services Department:
-  Energetic and fast paced work environment
-  Team and customer oriented
-  Initiative, professionalism and ambitions are highly valued!

Qualification Requirements:
-  Working permit for the Netherlands (EU)
-  Either (near) native French speaker and fluent in English or Dutch, OR
native speaker of English
-  Solid background in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics, or related field
-  Proficiency with standard MS applications
-  Experience with Unix/Linux and/or relational databases a big plus
-  2+ years working in customer/field service environment or equivalent
experience.

Benefits:
-  See your work on major websites within Europe and outside Europe.
-  Opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of an
international, leading-edge software company.
-  Plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your skills

If you are enthusiastic about this job profile, please do not hesitate to
send your resume to the application email address listed below, Attn
Leonoor van der Beek.

Email Address for Applications: jobs at q-go.com
Contact Information:
	Dr. Leonoor van der Beek