18.2614, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, U Washington

Sun Sep 9 17:32:33 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2614. Sun Sep 09 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2614, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, U Washington

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Sep-2007
From: Carolyn Busch < buschc at u.washington.edu >
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Washington, WA, USA

Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 13:30:43
From: Carolyn Busch [buschc at u.washington.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2614.html&submissionid=155689&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Washington
Department: English
Web Address: http:///www.washington.edu/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition and Teaching

MATESOL/Applied Linguistics. The University of Washington English
Department invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor
position in TESOL/Applied Linguistics. The department offers a MATESOL
Program as well as a doctoral track in Language and Rhetoric.  Demonstrated
excellence in teaching is required. We are particularly interested in
active scholars with expertise in at least two of the following areas:
globalization, language testing bilingualism/multilingualism, second
language writing, teaching methods, and critical applied linguistics. The
successful candidate will be able to teach some or all of the following
MATESOL courses: second language acquisition, teaching methods, testing and
assessment, pedagogical grammar, research methods, and practicum.
Supervising doctoral dissertations will also be an integral part of his/her
responsibilities. Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree by the start of
appointment. Candidates in the final stages of their Ph.D. program may be
appointed on an acting basis. University of Washington faculty engage in
teaching, research and service. The University of Washington is an
affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The English Department is
dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic
faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural
environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities and other eligible veterans.  Preference will
be given to applications received by November 9. Send letter of application
and cv only.

Application Deadline: 09-Nov-2007

Mailing Address for Applications:
Dr. Gary Handwerk, Chair
University of Washington English Department
A101 Padelford Hall
Box 354330
Seattle, US 98195
USA