18.2668, Jobs: Lexicography: CTO, Cognition Technologies

Thu Sep 13 14:54:25 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2668. Thu Sep 13 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2668, Jobs: Lexicography: CTO, Cognition Technologies

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Sep-2007
From: Kathleen Dahlgren < kathleen.dahlgren at cognition.com >
Subject: Lexicography: CTO, Cognition Technologies, Inc., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:52:23
From: Kathleen Dahlgren [kathleen.dahlgren at cognition.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2668.html&submissionid=156089&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Cognition Technologies, Inc.
Department: Natural Language Processing
Web Address: http://www.cognition.com

Job Rank: CTO

Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Biomedical Language

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Computational Lexicographer

Education:
Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in Linguistics.  Degree in
Linguistics preferred.

Requirements:
Good knowledge of syntax and lexical semantics and enjoys working with
language data.  Computer friendly.  Knowledge of some text editor such as
emacs.  Some programming skills a plus, esp. Perl or C.  Knowledge of
biochemical nomenclature a plus.

Job Description:
Help in augmenting and maintaining an existing computer-based dictionary
and taxonomy to improve performance of a natural language information
retrieval system.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2007
Email Address for Applications: kathleen.dahlgren at cognition.com
Contact Information: