18.2715, Jobs: Spanish & App/Spanish Ling: Asst Professor, University of Alabama

Tue Sep 18 15:26:47 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2715. Tue Sep 18 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2715, Jobs: Spanish & App/Spanish Ling: Asst Professor, University of Alabama

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Sep-2007
From: Robert Taylor < rtaylor at graystoneadv.com >
Subject: Spanish & Applied / Spanish Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:25:21
From: Robert Taylor [rtaylor at graystoneadv.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2715.html&submissionid=156523&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Alabama
Department: Department of Modern Languages and Classics
Web Address: http://www.ua.edu

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Sociolinguistics; Spanish Sociolinguistics/Dialectology/Creolistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

The Department of Modern Languages and Classics at the University of
Alabama is expanding its Spanish Program with a new tenure-track position
in Hispanic Linguistics at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin August
16, 2008. We seek applicants with specialization in, preferably, more than
one of the following fields:  Spanish Sociolinguistics, Spanish
Dialectology or Creolistics, and Applied Linguistics (language
acquisition). Familiarity with quantitative linguistic analysis will be a
plus.

The successful candidate will teach graduate courses related to his/her
specialization, as well as other staple undergraduate course offerings
supporting the Spanish major and minor. Native or near-native fluency in
Spanish and demonstrated excellence in and commitment to undergraduate and
graduate teaching are required. Applicants must have PhD in hand by August
16, 2008, and must demonstrate an active interest in curriculum
development, and in implementing learner-centered initiatives of the
department and the college.

Send letter of application, vita, three letters of recommendation, and
dossier the address given below. Review of applications will start
immediately and the search will remain open until position is filled. The
University of Alabama is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Spanish Linguistics Search Committee Department of Modern Languages
	The University of Alabama
	Box 870246
	Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0246
	USA