18.2798, Jobs: Spanish & Applied Ling: Asst Prof, Louisiana State University

Wed Sep 26 22:52:46 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2798. Wed Sep 26 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2798, Jobs: Spanish & Applied Ling: Asst Prof, Louisiana State University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-Sep-2007
From: Jeannie Williamson < abwill at lsu.edu >
Subject: Spanish & Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:50:28
From: Jeannie Williamson [abwill at lsu.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2798.html&submissionid=157301&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Louisiana State University
Department: Foreign Languages and Literatures
Web Address: http://www.lsu.edu/forlang

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Hispanic Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Required Qualifications:
PhD in Hispanic Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or related field;
expertise in language pedagogy; fluency in Spanish; strong commitment to
research and teaching; secondary area of teaching interest in linguistics
open. Additional Qualifications Desired: Language coordination experience.

Responsibilities:
Teaches, researches, and provides service; coordinates first and second
year undergraduate courses involving multiple sections and teachers;
teaches one course per semester. An offer of employment is contingent upon
a satisfactory pre-employment background check.

Application deadline is November 30, 2007 or until candidate is selected.
Submit letter of application, curriculum vitae (including email address)
and three letters of recommendation to Emily Batinski, Chair, Foreign
Languages and Literatures to the address given below. Ref# 033247

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2007
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair Emily Batinski
	LSU Foreign Languages and Literatures