19.1251, Jobs: English & Historical Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Berne

Sun Apr 13 02:59:38 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1251. Sat Apr 12 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1251, Jobs: English & Historical Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Berne

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-Apr-2008
From: Miriam Locher < locher at ens.unibe.ch >
Subject: English & Historical Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Berne, Switzerland

Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:57:06
From: Miriam Locher [locher at ens.unibe.ch]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1251.html&submissionid=175103&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Berne
Department: Department of English Languages and Literatures
Job Location: Berne, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.ens.unibe.ch

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The University of Berne announces an Assistant Professorship in English
Historical Linguistics in the Department of English Languages and
Literatures, starting 1 August 2008 with an employment period of four to
six years.

Applicants should be able to cover the field of English Historical
Linguistics with at least two historical emphases, preferably one of them
in the pre-modern era. Applicants should be willing to co-operate with
other linguistic disciplines in the Faculty and the Bernese Center for
Studies in Language and Society, to be launched on 1 August 2008. Previous
experience in negotiating external funding of research projects would be an
asset.

Academic requirements for this position are a completed PhD plus a
"Habilitation" or equivalent qualifications (e.g. a second book).

The University of Berne is committed to equal opportunities in employment,
in particular to increasing the number of women in senior academic
positions. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.

Applications giving details of qualifications, experience, and specific
areas of teaching offered, together with a CV and the names of not more
than three referees should be
sent in paper form to the application address listed below.

In addition, we expect candidates to submit electronic copies of their CVs
and lists of publications to silvia.roesselet at histdek.unibe.ch

Application Deadline: 23-May-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Silvia Roesselet
	Dekanat der Philosophisch-historischen Fakultät
	Universität Bern
	Laenggass-Strasse 49
	3000 Bern 9 3000
	Switzerland