19.1291, Confs: Semantics/Germany

Wed Apr 16 19:01:06 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1291. Wed Apr 16 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1291, Confs: Semantics/Germany

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse <morse at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Apr-2008
From: Mark Volpe < markv58 at yahoo.com >
Subject: Semantic Features in Derivational Morphology

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:59:50
From: Mark Volpe [markv58 at yahoo.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1291.html&submissionid=175661&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Semantic Features in Derivational Morphology

Date: 30-May-2008 - 31-May-2008
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Contact: Melanie Uth
Contact Email: Melanie.Uth at ling.uni-stuttgart.de
Meeting URL: http://inferno.philosophie.uni-stuttgart.de/~simone/workshops.html

Linguistic Field(s): Semantics

Meeting Description:

The workshop 'Semantic Features in Derivational Morphology' will be held at
Stuttgart University, Germany, on May 30 and 31 2008.

The University of Konstanz is pleased to announce the 1st Workshop on Roots.
Roots have become a stable of Distributed Morphology since Marantz, (1997). Now
10 years have passed, sufficient time to assess current thinking on the subject
and access new ideas.

On May 30th at the University of Konstanz, Germany, Paolo Acquaviva, City
College Dublin/University of Konstanz, Mark Volpe, Kyushu University, with  Jan
Don, University of Amsterdam will lead a session that reviews where we have been
and where roots need to go in an ever growing research program. More speakers
TBA and all interested in the topic are invited.