19.1303, Jobs: Various Lang & Various Subdisciplines: Support Engineer, SDL Intl

Thu Apr 17 16:23:18 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1303. Thu Apr 17 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1303, Jobs: Various Lang & Various Subdisciplines: Support Engineer, SDL Intl

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Apr-2008
From: Judith de Jong < jjong at sdl.com >
Subject: Various Lang & Various Subdisciplines: Support Engineer, SDL International, Leuven, Belgium

Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:21:56
From: Judith de Jong [jjong at sdl.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1303.html&submissionid=175825&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: SDL International
Department: Support and Maintenance
Job Location: Leuven, Belgium
Web Address: http://www.sdl.com/

Job Rank: Support Engineer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Translation

Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
                      English (eng)
                      French (fra)

Two Support Engineers

For our Support team in Leuven, Belgium, we are looking for two highly
analytical and articulate individuals to work in a busy team providing
high-quality technical support to our customers. The successful candidates
will thrive in a challenging environment where they will be constantly
gaining knowledge of SDL Trados desktop and server based applications

Key Responsibilities:

- Provide real time responses to our customer support inquiries.
- Interact with our customers via electronic channels and telephone.
- Diagnose problem causes and provide solutions.
- Ensure continuous monitoring of customer issues until they are resolved.
- Contribute FAQs and articles to the knowledge base.
- Work closely with development to diagnose bugs and provide patches to
customers.
- Occasional beta testing of new product releases.
- Occasional delivery of training to our customers.

Skills & Experience:

- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and
French/Dutch. Good command of another language (Italian/Spanish) is an asset.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Empathy and enthusiasm essential to dealing with difficult customer issues.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methodologies and technologies, and work
in a high-pressure environment.
- Preference for working in a cooperative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technology quickly.
- Good knowledge of common applications and file formats (DOC, RTF, PPT,
XLS, HTML, XML and other DTP formats such as FrameMaker and InDesign).
- Experience in one or more of the following: MS SQL Database Server;
Internet Information Services/Apache Tomcat; Windows operating systems
(2000, XP, Vista and their respective server versions);.NET; Java.
- Experience with computer-aided translation software, ideally with SDL
Trados tools, would be a distinct advantage.

Is your background in one of the following areas:

- Experience working in technical support, customer service or call center
- Degree in computational linguistics, computer science or
translation/linguistics with a focus on computer-assisted/machine
translation and/or terminology management
- Experience in the localization industry
- Initial experience with Windows networks and their administration

Are you interested in?

- Working in an international environment?
- Keeping abreast of new technologies?
- A dynamic career path with exciting prospects?
- A casual, yet focused work environment?
- Excellent compensation?
- New challenges and interesting projects?

Then send your CV and a motivation to the e-mail provided below.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Judith de Jong
	Philipssite 5 bus 9
	Leuven, Vlaams Brabant 3001