19.1309, Jobs: TESOL/Administrative Experience: Director, West Carolina U

Thu Apr 17 18:24:27 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1309. Thu Apr 17 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1309, Jobs: TESOL/Administrative Experience: Director, West Carolina U

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Apr-2008
From: Lois Petrovich-Mwaniki < lmwaniki at email.wcu.edu >
Subject: TESOL, with Administrative Experience: Director of Intensive English Program, Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, USA

Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:21:43
From: Lois Petrovich-Mwaniki [lmwaniki at email.wcu.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1309.html&submissionid=175761&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Western Carolina University
Department: International Programs and Services
Job Location: North Carolina, USA
Web Address: http://www.wcu.edu/ips

Job Rank: Director of Intensive English Program

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL, with Administrative Experience

The office of International Programs and Services at Western Carolina
University seeks a non-tenure-track, 12-month position as Director of the
new Intensive English Program, beginning August 1, 2008.  The successful
candidate will be responsible to initiate and manage program growth;
coordinate and oversee the budget; recruit international students; seek the
Commission on English Language Acquisition Program Accreditation (CEA);
collaborate with WCU Masters Program in TESOL; and teach one or two courses
per semester.

Requirements:
-  minimum, a MA TESOL with 3 years administrative experience; preferable,
-  a PhD in Applied Linguistics/TESOL, or related field, with 3 years
administrative experience.

Position is open until filled.  Salary is based on experience. WCU is an
EOEP.  Please visit the application url for more information, Search
Position #0178.

Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.wcu.edu
Contact Information:
	Dr. Lois Petrovich-Mwaniki