19.2413, Jobs: Experimental Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Oregon

Sun Aug 3 21:08:55 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2413. Sun Aug 03 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2413, Jobs: Experimental Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Oregon

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 01-Aug-2008
From: Linda Campbell < lcampbe at uoregon.edu >
Subject: Experimental Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Oregon, Eugene, USA

Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 17:04:08
From: Linda Campbell [lcampbe at uoregon.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2413.html&submissionid=185812&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Oregon
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Oregon, USA
Web Address: http://logos.uoregon.edu/index.shtml

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Experimental Linguistics

The University of Oregon Linguistics Department is searching for a
tenure-track Assistant Professor in the area of experimental linguistics
with demonstrated research and teaching abilities in experimental
methodologies. A secondary specialization would be welcome in corpus
linguistics or computational modeling. We are interested in a research
profile that approaches language as a cognitive process and investigates
the multiple engagements between lexicon, morphosyntax, discourse, prosody
and/or gesture. We seek someone whose research interests complement those
of our current faculty, and who shares the department's commitment to
investigating the psychological representation of language from a
functional perspective.  Duties include both undergraduate and graduate
teaching, mentoring and research.

PhD by September 16, 2009 required.  Salary is commensurate with
qualifications.  Applicants should submit a CV, a cover letter discussing
your research and teaching interests and experience, and the names and
contact information for three references (no reference letters are needed
with first application materials). Send materials to the application
address listed below.  Review of applications will begin 1 December 2008
and will continue until the position is filled.  We anticipate holding some
preliminary interviews at the LSA meeting in San Francisco in January 2009.
The University of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act.  The successful candidate will support and
enhance a diverse learning and working environment.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Assistant Professor Search Eric Pederson
	Department of Linguistics
	1290 University of Oregon
	Eugene, OR 97403
	USA