19.2447, All: New Internships Registry!

Wed Aug 6 20:02:24 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2447. Wed Aug 06 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2447, All: New Internships Registry!

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Gayathri Sriram <gayatri at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 06-Aug-2008
From: LINGUIST List < internships at linguistlist.org >
Subject: New Internships Registry!

Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 15:59:58
From: LINGUIST List [internships at linguistlist.org]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2447.html&submissionid=186081&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

Dear Subscribers,

Are you looking for an intern? Or, students, would you like to apply for an
internship in linguistics? Well, that's exactly why we developed the new
Linguistics Internships Registry! Our service is completely free, and is
designed with linguists and linguistics students in mind.

Internships can relate specifically to research in linguistics or tasks
such as annotation, transcription, archiving, or creation of pedagogical
materials.

Using the new Linguistics Internships Registry, you can:

*Advertise an open internship at your organization

*Browse for an open internship to apply for

*Search for an internship by location, type of work, linguistic subfield,
compensation, and ability to work on/off site

*See a summary listing of internships that includes employer, location,
type of work, and deadline for application

*View an interactive map of the internship locations

The Linguistics Internships Registry is available online at:

http://linguistlist.org/internship/

We hope that you are able to take advantage of the new service. For
feedback or inquiries, please email our Internships Editor at
internships at linguistlist.org.

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST crew

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable