19.2554, Jobs: French & Speech Synthesis: Consultant, Toshiba Research Lab...

Wed Aug 20 14:02:06 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2554. Wed Aug 20 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2554, Jobs: French & Speech Synthesis: Consultant, Toshiba Research Lab...

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-Aug-2008
From: Art Blokland < ablokland at crl.toshiba.co.uk >
Subject: French & Speech Synthesis: Consultant, Toshiba Research Laboratory, Telecommute

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:00:59
From: Art Blokland [ablokland at crl.toshiba.co.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2554.html&submissionid=187192&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Toshiba Research Laboratory
Department: Speech Technology Group
Job Location: Quebec, Canada (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.toshiba-europe.com/research/crl/stg/index.html

Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Speech synthesis

Required Language(s): French (fra)

We are looking for someone who can help us improve the quality of our
text-to-speech synthesis system. The language is French as spoken in
Canada. The task includes advice on pronunciation, lexicon maintenance,
critical listening to TTS samples, and running evaluations with
locally-recruited listeners. It follows from this that you must be resident
in the French-speaking part of Canada. You will work from your home
country, and communication with us will be mostly through email.

We pay approximately $CAN35 per hour.

Knowledge of Canadian French and speech synthesis essential.

Application Deadline: 29-Aug-2008

Email Address for Applications: ablokland at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Contact Information:
	Art Blokland