19.2621, Confs: Applied Linguistics,General Linguistics/Switzerland

Tue Aug 26 18:39:57 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2621. Tue Aug 26 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2621, Confs: Applied Linguistics,General Linguistics/Switzerland

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Ania Kubisz <ania at linguistlist.org>

Date: 26-Aug-2008
From: Esther Galliker < info.5tdl at zhaw.ch >
Subject: 5th Days of Swiss Linguistics

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:37:55
From: Esther Galliker [info.5tdl at zhaw.ch]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2621.html&submissionid=187867&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

5th Days of Swiss Linguistics

Date: 20-Nov-2008 - 21-Nov-2008
Location: Winterthur, Zurich, Switzerland
Contact: Esther Galliker
Contact Email: info.5tdl at zhaw.ch
Meeting URL: http://www.linguistik.zhaw.ch/de/linguistik/5tdl/programm.html

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics

Meeting Description:

The Days of Swiss Linguistics conference traditionally provides young scientists
with a platform to discuss their research in workshops and addresses current
issues in its plenary speeches.

The final programme is out now.

The following plenary speeches on ''Measuring in Linguistics'' have been confirmed:
Douglas Biber, Northern Arizona University: Quantitative methods in corpus
linguistics
Tim McNamara, University of Melbourne: Squaring the circle? Reconciling
cognitive and social perspectives on validity
Lorenza Mondada, Université Lumière Lyon2: Mesurer le temps de la parole en
interaction

48 presentations in various linguistic fields:
16 different sessions on topics such as text linguistics, language acquisition,
sociolinguistics, pragmatics and computational linguistics.

We look forward to welcoming you to the conference.
The deadline for registration is September 30, 2008.