19.2638, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Regional Project Manager, Cenera

Fri Aug 29 13:32:21 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2638. Fri Aug 29 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2638, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Regional Project Manager, Cenera

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-Aug-2008
From: Jennifer Isotti < jennifer.isotti at cenera.ca >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Regional Project Manager, Cenera, Telecommute

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:31:08
From: Jennifer Isotti [jennifer.isotti at cenera.ca]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2638.html&submissionid=188125&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Cenera
Job Rank: Regional Project Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Regional Project Manager, Software Localization

The Company:
Our client is a global technology company that delivers intelligent
interface solutions to enhance the user experience of wireless and consumer
technologies. Their product portfolio dramatically improves the usability
of mobile phones, PDA's, gaming devices and set-top boxes, and the
applications on them. Our client is a publicly traded company and is listed
on the Nasdaq National Market and the Toronto Stock Exchange and continues
to support their strategic partners and customers from offices in Asia,
Europe and North America.

The Opportunity:
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Project Manager who has a
passion for languages and technology, and the drive to build dynamic,
motivated teams using innovative approaches. Our Client is a leading
developer of language-related software, and is looking for you if you have
a creative mix of project management strategies in your toolkit, enjoy
travel and have experience working in diverse cultural environments.

Responsibilities:
While providing guidance and direction to your team to meet a dynamic
delivery schedule for our client's text messaging product, key
responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting in providing estimates and for budget and schedule;
- Coordinating with Senior Level Management throughout the course of the
project;
- Working closely with Senior Linguists to ensure relevant linguistic work
is completed to fulfill client requirements;
- Coordinating with Native Speaker Investigators to secure labs and
equipment; and,
- Extensive travel may be required.

Candidate Profile:
As an ideal candidate, your background will include:
- Demonstrated experience in project management with over four years of
experience;
- Experience in the technology industry, more specifically, language
technology;
- Fluent in English with proven experience with multiple languages,
language learning or linguistics;
- Fluency in two or more of the targeted languages spoken within the region
you are managing;
- Graduate Degree in a related field;
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural norms and exposure to
multiple cultures and languages; and,
- Available for extended travel to the United States, Canada and the
countries within your region.

Additional Information:
To forward your resume, (quoting Project #3004PM), please submit to the
email address provided below. For additional information, please contact:
Jennifer Isotti (see contact information below; Toll Free: 1.800.387.8797)

Cenera
1100, 1015 - 4th St SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J4
Canada

E-mail responses preferred so they can be electronically added to our
database.  By applying to the position of Regional Product Manager, you are
providing us with permission to review your résumé and to share it with
this specific client only. In relation to future Searches, we assure you
that the information you provide will be treated in the strictest
confidence. We would like to retain your résumé in our database and would
contact you when other opportunities arise.

Email Address for Applications: opportunities at cenera.ca
Contact Information:
	Jennifer Isotti
	Email: opportunities at cenera.ca