19.3768, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Groningen

Tue Dec 9 16:16:10 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3768. Tue Dec 09 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3768, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Groningen

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Dec-2008
From: Gosse Bouma < g.bouma at rug.nl >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Groningen, Netherlands

Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 11:14:37
From: Gosse Bouma [g.bouma at rug.nl]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3768.html&submissionid=198866&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Groningen, Faculty of Arts
Department: Information Science
Job Location: , Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.rug.nl/let

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Syntactic and Phonological Processing

Lecturer Information Science
at the department of Information Science (Alfa-Informatica) at the Faculty
of Arts. The department is focused on computational linguistics, especially
in syntactic and phonological processing, and would most like to strengthen
this focus by attracting researchers in computational linguistics with
specializations complementary to those of the current staff, e.g. text
sentiment analysis, machine translation, computational semantics, or
computer-supported language learning. We are willing to consider other,
similar specializations.

The teaching duties will be concentrated on language processing and
statistics. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to
research, including grant proposals, and will be asked to assume a share of
organizational tasks, e.g. recruitment, communication or software/hardware
support.

Requirements

University Graduate
- a Ph.D. degree in (Computational) Linguistics or a related field such as
Linguistics, Computer
- science, or Artificial Intelligence
- proven research ability documented by publications
- proven interest and success in computational and statistical studies is a
must
- ability to work independently and interest in interdisciplinary research
- willingness to learn Dutch and to locate in Groningen.

Organization

University of Groningen
Founded in 1614. One of the best universities in Europe and the world. A
wide variety of disciplines. Internationally oriented. Rooted in the North
of the Netherlands. Socially active. Our researchers and lecturers are
inspired academics. Ambitious students. We respect the differences in
talent, ambitions and performance of the 25.000 students and members of staff.

Conditions of employment

Maximum salary amount in Euro's a month 4374
Employment basis: Temporary for specified period
Duration of the contract: Two years
Maximum hours per week: 38

Additional conditions of employment:
The University of Groningen offers a salary for a lecturer that ranges from
an initial € 3195 (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 4374 (scale 12) for
the full-time position. The duration of contract is for two years.

Commencement of employment is March 2009.

Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from:
Prof.dr.ir. John Nerbonne
Telephone number: +31 50 3635815
E-mail address: j.nerbonne at rug.nl

Or additional information can be obtained through one of the following links:
http://www.rug.nl/let/onderwijs/communicatieeninformatie/informatiekunde
http://www.infokunde.nl

Your application should include a cover letter, including remarks on how
this position fits in your career goals, a current curriculum vitae
(including a list of publications), a sketch of current research interests
and the name and e-mail addresses of two referees.

Applications must sent to the application email provided below.

You can apply for this job by sending your application to the address
provided below. When applying for this job always mention the vacancy
number AT208335.

The short URL code for this job opening is: 00347-863.
You can use this as a direct link to the job by adding the code to the URL
www.academictransfer.org/

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2009
	University of Groningen
	Personnel and Organization Office