19.3810, Jobs: German, Standard & Gen Ling: Research Assistant, U Potsdam

Fri Dec 12 19:57:06 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3810. Fri Dec 12 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3810, Jobs: German, Standard & Gen Ling: Research Assistant, U Potsdam

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Dec-2008
From: Ulrike Freywald < freywald at uni-potsdam.de >
Subject: German, Standard & General Linguistics: Research Assistant, University of Potsdam, Germany

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:55:22
From: Ulrike Freywald [freywald at uni-potsdam.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3810.html&submissionid=199406&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Potsdam
Department: SFB 632 (Research Centre): Information Structure
Job Location: Potsdam, Germany
Web Address: http://www.sfb632.uni-potsdam.de/index_en.html

Job Rank: Research Assistant

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): German, Standard (deu)

We are looking for 1 part-time research assistant to work on the DfG-funded
project 'Grammatical reduction and information structural preferences in a
contact variety of German: Kiezdeutsch' under the supervision of the
Principal Investigator Heike Wiese (see also http://www.kiezdeutsch.de and
http://www.uni-potsdam.de/ger_wiese). This project is part of research
centre 632: Information Structure. The position commences April 1, 2009,
and the appointment period is two years, with a possibility of renewal.

The ideal applicant will be an enthusiastic graduate with a master's degree
(or equivalent) in General or German Linguistics and a strong interest in
research. S/He will have a very good command of German (including
colloquial varieties), good time management and organisational skills, and
knowledge of experimental methods and of analysing primary linguistic data.
S/He will be a good team player, and be able to contribute to the team
working on the project. S/He should have a background in German
linguistics, language contact or variational linguistics; a special
interest in information structure would be desirable.

The position includes the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree at the
University of Potsdam on a topic related to the grant. Candidates
interested in pursuing a PhD on multiethnic youth varieties in urban Europe
are especially encouraged to apply.

The salary and social benefits are determined by the German pay scale for
state employees (Entgeltgruppe: 13 TV-Laender, Tarifgebiet Ost). The
University of Potsdam is an equal opportunity employer.

Interested candidates are invited to send their application materials -
including a CV, (links to) sample publications, and references - preferably
by e-mail.

Applications received by the deadline will receive fullest consideration;
however, we will continue to accept applications until the position has
been filled.

Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2009 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof Dr Heike Wiese
	Universität Potsdam
	Institut für Germanistik