19.3826, All: Obituary: Molly Mack

Mon Dec 15 03:38:24 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3826. Sun Dec 14 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3826, All: Obituary: Molly Mack

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 13-Dec-2008
From: Pavel Trofimovich < pavel.trofimovich at concordia.ca >
Subject: Obituary: Molly Mack

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:37:03
From: Pavel Trofimovich [pavel.trofimovich at concordia.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3826.html&submissionid=199527&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

It is with great sadness that we would like to let the Linguist List
community know that our dear mentor and friend Molly Mack passed away on
December 10 in Champaign, Illinois. Molly was a long-time faculty member in
the Division of English as an International Language and the Department of
Linguistics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She was a
keen scholar, a superb teacher and mentor, and a generous friend. She will
be dearly missed by her many students, colleagues, and friends.

The Champaign "News-Gazette" obituary and the link to an on-line guest book
are available at this address:
http://www.legacy.com/news-gazette/Obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=121308857

Wendy Baker (Brigham Young University)
Pavel Trofimovich (Concordia University, Montreal)

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable