19.3835, Support: Applied Ling/Discourse Studies: MA / MSc Student, Carleton U

Mon Dec 15 16:53:58 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3835. Mon Dec 15 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3835, Support: Applied Ling/Discourse Studies: MA / MSc Student, Carleton U

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Dec-2008
From: Randall Gess < randall_gess at carleton.ca >
Subject: Applied Linguistics/Discourse Studies: MA / MSc Student, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:51:35
From: Randall Gess [randall_gess at carleton.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3835.html&submissionid=199451&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: Carleton University
Department: Linguistics and Applied Languages Studies
Web Address: http://www.carleton.ca/slals/index.html

Level: MA / MSc

Duties: Research,Teaching

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Discourse Studies

The School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies at Carleton University
invites applications for admission to the MA program in Applied Language Studies
for Fall Semester 2009. Excellent funding packages consisting of scholarships
and teaching/research assistantships are available for qualified applicants.

Our MA program in the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies is well
known as a dynamic community of learning where students can investigate the
various areas of applied language research with faculty members who are involved
in areas such as language teaching and learning, writing studies, literacy
studies, genre studies, and critical discourse studies. Our faculty members'
broad-ranging expertise provides students with a unique and flexible program.

Our graduate program has been very successful in preparing students for a wide
range of employment opportunities, as well as for PhD work.

Carleton University offers three possible program paths to complete the Master's
degree in Applied Language Studies: a Coursework path (equivalent of 10 one-term
courses); a Research Essay path (equivalent of 8 one-term courses plus a
Research Essay); a Thesis path (equivalent of 6 one-term courses plus a thesis).

For more information, please consult our website at:

http://www.carleton.ca/slals/linguistics-appliedlanguage/graduate/index.html

Application Deadline: 15-Feb-2009

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Ms. Joan Grant