19.3906, Jobs: Psycholing: Post Doc, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics

Fri Dec 19 16:35:04 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3906. Fri Dec 19 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3906, Jobs: Psycholing: Post Doc, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Dec-2008
From: Rian Zondervan < rian.zondervan at mpi.nl >
Subject: Psycholinguistics: Post Doc, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Netherlands

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:32:45
From: Rian Zondervan [rian.zondervan at mpi.nl]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3906.html&submissionid=200187&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Department: Comprehension Group
Job Location: Nijmegen, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.mpi.nl/research/groups/LanguageComprehension

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Psycholinguistics

The Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics is offering a postdoctoral
staff position in the field of speech comprehension.  It is a research
position and involves no teaching responsibilities; furthermore,
considerable technical support is available.  The position is in principle
available immediately, and has a term of appointment finishing at the
latest at the end of 2012.

The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the new research
project: 'Mechanisms and representations in comprehending speech', in the
group directed by Anne Cutler. Other research currently in progress in this
project spans a variety of topics in phonetic perception, prosodic
processing, perceptual learning, spoken-word recognition and the interface
of levels of processing in speech comprehension.

We are looking for a young scientist in the field of experimental
psycholinguistics (candidates from a psychology background may be given
preference).  A completed PhD is a prerequisite; also important is a
demonstrated ability to publish research findings, and the ability to work
collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team using a variety of research
methods.  Note that the environmental language for research purposes is
Dutch; knowledge of Dutch is not required, but would certainly prove useful.

Applications should comprise: a CV; a cover letter describing research
interests; examples of published journal articles;  the names and contact
details of two referees who would be willing  to write letters of
recommendation.  Send applications to the application address listed below.

Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2009
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Rian Zondervan
	Secretary to Prof. Anne Cutler
	Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
	PO Box 310
	Nijmegen NL-6500 AH
	Netherlands
Email Address for Applications: rian.zondervan at mpi.nl