19.430, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Head of NLP, The Fizzback Group

Tue Feb 5 19:51:49 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-430. Tue Feb 05 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.430, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Head of NLP, The Fizzback Group

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-Feb-2008
From: Osvaldo Spadano < ospadano at fizzback.com >
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Head of NLP, The Fizzback Group, London, UK

Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:50:43
From: Osvaldo Spadano [ospadano at fizzback.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-430.html&submissionid=168465&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The Fizzback Group
Department: Technical
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.fizzback.com

Job Rank: Head of NLP

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

The Fizzback Group  is one of the fastest growing companies in customer
experience management. We provide a technology based research & analytics
service that helps consumer facing businesses change the way they capture,
analyse and act on customer feedback.

Backed by a well known Venture Capital firm, we are pursuing rapid
expansion plans, both in terms of staff and new clients. In order to
deliver on these plans we are looking to hire a Head of the Natural
Language Processing (NLP) team and related services.

This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for making a real impact,
leading innovation and improvements, creating a superb team and fostering
external relationships. With our funding, prospects, entrepreneurial
culture and stage of existence this is a truly exciting time to join us.

Location: Central London, Leicester Square
Type: permanent/full-time
Salary: Highly competitive + pension contribution and private medical insurance

Position Description and Responsibilities:

This is a senior position that requires strong academic and industrial
experience. You will be responsible for all aspects of linguistic related
activities and give clear guidance to the team. You will be responsible of
fulfilling the demand from three different streams: Research & Development,
delivery of service to new clients and support of existing services. Since
you will be working on key components of our core technology platform, you
will have the unique opportunity to significantly impact on the success of
our services and company. You will also be responsible for:

- Continuously finding ways of improving the NLP service within a Service
Oriented Architecture
- Planning and managing of the execution of roadmap and client driven
requirements
- Defining better ways of quickly and reliably deploying NLP services to
new Clients
- Defining, using, standardising and improving adherence to best practices
- Providing linguistic, innovation and execution leadership to the members
of the NLP team

Job Requirements / Profile:

- Excellent knowledge of Natural Language Processing (NLP) theory and
practice and statistical methods; in particular experience in the field of
Information Extraction and Machine Learning techniques
- Managerial and leadership experience, with a flair of building a
stimulating and creative environment, where innovation is encouraged, plans
executed reliably and efficiently. Ability to manage and retain talents is
paramount
-  Strong  verbal and written communications skills
-  MSc. PhD in related area an advantage
-  Experience in developing NLP tools and applications using existing
frameworks and architectures
-  Hard working, with high energy, self-motivation and initiative
- Good programming background (i.e. Java and  XML)

To apply please email your CV and cover letter to the e-mail below.

Application Deadline: 29-Feb-2008 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: job-headnlp at fizzback.com
Contact Information:
	Osvaldo Spadano
	Email: job-headnlp at fizzback.com