19.484, FYI: Dialect Syntax in Eastern Europe

Mon Feb 11 21:03:59 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-484. Mon Feb 11 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.484, FYI: Dialect Syntax in Eastern Europe

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Feb-2008
From: Olaf Koeneman < olaf.koeneman at meertens.knaw.nl >
Subject: Dialect Syntax in Eastern Europe

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:02:40
From: Olaf Koeneman [olaf.koeneman at meertens.knaw.nl]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-484.html&submissionid=168703&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The Edisyn (European Dialect Syntax) project is an ESF-funded project
currently running at the Meertens Institute in Amsterdam. Our goal is to
set up a European network of research groups collecting and investigating
data on syntactic phenomena particular to dialects, using similar standards
with respect to methodology of data collection, data storage and
annotation, data retrieval and cartography. For a fuller description, see
www.meertens.nl/projecten/edisyn.

The aim is to ensure large-scale data collection without any significant
theoretical bias, similarly to successful recent projects such as SAND
(Dutch dialects), ASIS (Italian dialects) and Cordial-SYN (Portuguese
dialects).

So far the network has grown substantially in Western Europe so that a
natural move is to extend it to Eastern Europe. We therefore invite
scholars that (i) have done this kind of work (ii) are interested in doing
it or (iii) know who to approach, to get in touch with us at
edisynATmeertens.knaw.nl.

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards,

Sjef Barbiers, Margreet van der Ham, Olaf Koeneman & Marika Lekakou

                     Syntax