19.666, Jobs: Spanish & Hispanic Sociolinguistics: Rank Open, U Texas at Austin

Thu Feb 28 17:00:57 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-666. Thu Feb 28 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.666, Jobs: Spanish & Hispanic Sociolinguistics: Rank Open, U Texas at Austin

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-Feb-2008
From: Mary Kleba < mkleba at austin.utexas.edu >
Subject: Spanish & Hispanic Sociolinguistics: Rank Open, University of Texas at Austin, USA

Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:59:18
From: Mary Kleba [mkleba at austin.utexas.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-666.html&submissionid=170883&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Texas at Austin
Department: Spanish and Portuguese
Job Location: Texas, USA
Web Address: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/spanish/

Job Rank: Rank Open

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

The Department of Spanish and Portuguese invites applications for a tenured
or tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full
Professor to begin fall semester 2008. Field of specialization: Hispanic
sociolinguistics with a strong background in linguistic theory. Preferences
within sociolinguistics include text/corpus linguistics, language contact
and bilingualism, language variation and change, and grammaticalization.
Candidates should demonstrate evidence of an ongoing research agenda,
excellence in teaching, interest in departmental and university service,
and native or near-native fluency in English and Spanish. Appointment is
contingent on final budgetary approval. Applicants must receive the PhD
degree before beginning the appointment.

Send application letter, CV, sample publications, and three references to
Nicolas Shumway, Interim Chair. Consideration of dossiers will begin
immediately. Applications must arrive in our office by the listed deadline.
Materials may be sent by regular mail or as email attachments in either MS
Word format (.doc) or as .pdf files.

AA/EEP. A background check will be conducted on the applicant selected.

Application Deadline: 15-Mar-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Nicolas Shumway
	The University of Texas at Austin