19.685, Jobs: English Linguistics: Juniorprofessor (W1), University of Mainz

Fri Feb 29 18:02:52 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-685. Fri Feb 29 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.685, Jobs: English Linguistics: Juniorprofessor (W1), University of Mainz

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-Feb-2008
From: Britta Mondorf < mondorf at uni-mainz.de >
Subject: English Linguistics: Juniorprofessor (W1), University of Mainz, Germany

Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:59:48
From: Britta Mondorf [mondorf at uni-mainz.de]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-685.html&submissionid=170906&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Mainz
Department: Department of English and Linguistics
Job Location: Mainz, Germany
Web Address: http://www.deli.uni-mainz.de/

Job Rank: Juniorprofessor (W1)

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; English Linguistics

Candidates should
- hold a PhD in English Linguistics
- have teaching experience in synchronic and diachronic linguistics
- have experience with experimental or corpus-based methods
- have (near-) native speaker competence in English

Applicants are expected to
- teach two (three) 2-hour courses in English Linguistics
- be able to function in a German-speaking working environment
- actively contribute to the implementation of new study programmes
- take part in administrative work

Initial contract will be for three years, extensible for three.

As an equal opportunity employer Mainz University wishes to increase the
proportion of female academic staff, particularly welcoming applications
from women. Severely challenged persons will be given preference in case of
equal qualifications.

Please send your letter of application, CV, publication record and teaching
record to the application address.

Application Deadline: 10-Apr-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dekan des Fachbereichs 05, Prof. Dr. Stephan Füssel
	Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
	Jakob Welder Weg 18
	Mainz D-55099
	Germany