19.25, Jobs: General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, University of Oregon

Mon Jan 7 22:00:41 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-25. Mon Jan 07 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.25, Jobs: General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, University of Oregon

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Jan-2008
From: Scott DeLancey < delancey at uoregon.edu >
Subject: General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, University of Oregon, OR, USA

Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:58:57
From: Scott DeLancey [delancey at uoregon.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-25.html&submissionid=165161&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Oregon
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Oregon, USA
Web Address: http://logos.uoregon.edu/

Job Rank: Visiting Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Oregon is searching for
a visiting assistant or associate professor, with an open specialization,
for the academic year 2008-09. The initial contract will be for one year,
beginning September 16, 2008 and ending June 15, 2009. The position is
non-tenure track and possibly renewable for a second year.

Candidates should carefully describe how their research specialization and
theoretical orientation will fit into the mission of our distinctive
department with particular emphasis on our graduate program. A PhD awarded
by September 16, 2008 is required.

Salary will be commensurate with qualifications. To apply, send a CV, a
cover letter that discusses your research and teaching interests and
experience, and the names and contact information for three references, to
Visiting Professor Search, Department of Linguistics at the address given
below. We will begin reviewing applications March 18, 2008 and will
continue accepting applications until the position is filled.

The University of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Women and minorities are encouraged to
apply. Candidates who promote and enhance diversity are strongly desired.

Application Deadline: 18-Mar-2008 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Eric Pederson
	Visiting Professor Search
	Department of Linguistics