19.50, Jobs: Applied Ling: Specially-Appointed Assoc Prof, Hokkaido University

Tue Jan 8 17:11:43 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-50. Tue Jan 08 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.50, Jobs: Applied Ling: Specially-Appointed Assoc Prof, Hokkaido University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Jan-2008
From: Paul Stapleton < paulstapleton at gmail.com >
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Specially-Appointed Non-Tenured Associate Professor, Hokkaido University, Japan

Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:10:26
From: Paul Stapleton [paulstapleton at gmail.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-50.html&submissionid=165562&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Hokkaido University
Department: International Media and Communication
Job Location: Sapporo, Japan
Web Address: http://www.hokudai.ac.jp/imcts/indexen.html

Job Rank: Specially-Appointed Non-Tenured Associate Prof

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Position:
One full-time specially appointed, non-tenured associate professor at the
Research Faculty of International Media and Communication, Hokkaido University.

Teaching Duties:
Teaching English as a foreign language to undergraduate students along with
other English language related subjects.

Qualifications:
(i)  native or native-equivalent English ability (any nationality)
(ii)  holder of Master's degree (PhD holder strongly preferred)
(iii) specializing in applied linguistics, linguistics, communication or a
closely related discipline.

Contract Period:
PhD holders will receive a four-year contract; Master's degree holders will
receive a three-year contract.

Salary:
Roughly 6 million yen per year

Responsibilities:
(i)   teaching two 15-week semesters
(ii)  maximum of 18 classroom hours per week
(iii) developing materials and conducting research
(iv) entrance exam preparation and grading

Contract Commencement Date (Scheduled):
April 1 or May 1, 2008

Application Materials:
To be sent by e-mail attachment
(i)   cover letter
(ii)  resume (including date of birth)
(iii) list of publications (please send electronic copies of the best two)
(iv) one letter of recommendation (to be sent directly from the referee)

Application Deadline:
February 5, 2008 (Japan Time: 5:00 PM)

Please write "TEFL Position" in the subject line of the email message.

Application Deadline: 05-Feb-2008

Contact Information:
	Professor Paul Stapleton
	Email: paulstapleton at gmail.com