19.106, Jobs: German As a Foreign Language & Linguistics: Lecturer, U of Namur

Thu Jan 10 16:10:02 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-106. Thu Jan 10 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.106, Jobs: German As a Foreign Language & Linguistics: Lecturer, U of Namur

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Jan-2008
From: Lieven Vandelanotte < lieven.vandelanotte at fundp.ac.be >
Subject: German, Standard & German As a Foreign Language & Linguistics (General Survey Courses): Lecturer, University of Namur, Belgium

Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:09:06
From: Lieven Vandelanotte [lieven.vandelanotte at fundp.ac.be]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-106.html&submissionid=165902&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Namur
Department: Département de Langues et littératures germaniques
Job Location: Namur, Belgium
Web Address: http://www.fundp.ac.be/

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; German as a Foreign Language and Linguistics

Required Language(s): German, Standard (deu)

The Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures (Dutch/English/German)
of the University of Namur (FUNDP) invites applications for a full-time
tenure-track Lecturership in German language and linguistics.

Applicants have a PhD in German linguistics or general linguistics. Having
good language skills in French, they will show relevant experience or an
aptitude for teaching German to Francophone students in our bachelor
programme. Working knowledge of Dutch and/or English (the other Germanic
languages featuring in our programmes) is required.

Job description:
1) development and teaching of undergraduate courses in German language,
German linguistics and general linguistics,
2) participation in postgraduate PhD-programs,
3) research in the areas of German linguistics and/or general linguistics,
4) participation in the institution's management activities, including the
Erasmus exchange programmes.

Contract commences 1 September 2008.

For further details, consult the university's website and/or contact Prof.
Anke Bosse, Head of the German Unit (anke.bosse at fundp.ac.be).

Application forms may be obtained from: FUNDP, Service du Personnel, Rue de
Bruxelles 61, B-5000 Namur, or online at
http://www.fundp.ac.be/universite/jobs/ (formulaires de candidature -
personnel académique et scientifique).

Address for applications: FUNDP, Rectorat, Rue de Bruxelles 61, B-5000 Namur.

Application Deadline: 10-Feb-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	FUNDP
	Service du Personnel