19.137, Jobs: Corpus Development: Programmer Analyst, U of Pennsylvania

Sat Jan 12 23:56:03 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-137. Sat Jan 12 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.137, Jobs: Corpus Development: Programmer Analyst, U of Pennsylvania

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Jan-2008
From: Kazuaki Maeda < maeda at ldc.upenn.edu >
Subject: Corpus Development: Programmer Analyst, University of Pennsylvania, USA

Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:54:50
From: Kazuaki Maeda [maeda at ldc.upenn.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-137.html&submissionid=165967&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Pennsylvania
Department: Linguistic Data Consortium
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.ldc.upenn.edu

Job Rank: Programmer Analyst

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Corpus Development

The Linguistic Data Consortium at the University of Pennsylvania has an
immediate opening for a programmer analyst to support our rapidly growing
linguistic resource creation projects.

Programmer Analyst (#071223633)

Duties:
This position will support LDC's linguistic data creation projects by
providing programming, technical and research support in a lead capacity.
Primary responsibilities will be to design, develop and implement
programming solutions and oversee all technical aspects of the projects;
work with LDC's project managers, annotators, programmers, and clients to
develop achievable plans for corpus development and successfully execute
them; investigate technical issues that may arise during the life cycles of
projects, and provide timely solutions to them as necessary; work with
project managers to develop and execute tool and data specifications;
coordinate a team of programmers to provide timely support of project goals.

Minimum Qualifications:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Computational Linguistics (advanced degree
preferred)
- At least one year of relevant work experience in linguistic resource
creation or human language technology development
- Strong programming skills in at least two of the following programming
languages: Python, C++, Java and Perl
- Proven record of success in project support or project management

For further information or to apply online please visit
http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/; search postings for reference number 071223633.

Penn offers an excellent benefits package including medical/dental,
retirement plans, tuition assistance and a minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation
per year. The University of Pennsylvania is an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer.

Positions contingent upon funding.

For more information about LDC and the programs we support, visit
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu.

Application Deadline: 10-Feb-2008 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu
Contact Information:
	Kazuaki Maeda
	Email: maeda at ldc.upenn.edu