19.223, Confs: Historical Linguistics/UK

Fri Jan 18 19:02:15 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-223. Fri Jan 18 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.223, Confs: Historical Linguistics/UK

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse <morse at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Jan-2008
From: Anne Breitbarth < ab667 at cam.ac.uk >
Subject: Continuity and Change in Grammar

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:01:10
From: Anne Breitbarth [ab667 at cam.ac.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-223.html&submissionid=166413&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Continuity and Change in Grammar

Date: 18-Mar-2008 - 20-Mar-2008
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Contact: Anne Breitbarth
Contact Email: ccg08 at easychair.org
Meeting URL: http://people.pwf.cam.ac.uk/ab667/negproject/negconf_start.html

Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce an international conference on Continuity and
Change in Grammar, which will take place from 18-20 March 2008 at the
University of Cambridge. The focus will be on theoretical and
methodological aspects of morphosyntactic change and conservatism.

The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers working on
different aspects of linguistic transmission in order to enhance our
understanding of what makes languages change and what in turn prevents them from
changing.

Registration is now open for the conference on Continuity and Change in Grammar.

Go to http://people.pwf.cam.ac.uk/ab667/negproject/negconf_reg.html, download
the registration form, and follow the instructions given.

Please note that the deadline for early registrations is 22 February 2008
(receipt of payment). College accomodation is unavailable for registrations
later than 4 March 2008.